Simple / Direct Cremation
Includes:• Removal from place of death (Removal from LA and all of Orange County)
• Filing of Death Certificate
• State Fee
• Cremation Container
• County Permit Fee
• Standard or temporary plastic urn.
• Non-Witness Scattering (Non-witnessed scattering at sea if chosen. Certificate of Scattering included.)
• Assistance in Processing VA, Social Security, and Insurance Policies.
• The basic services of the funeral director, staff and overhead
• Transferring the Remains to the funeral home; securing and filing necessary certificates and permits
• Delivery of Remains to crematory and return of cremated Remains to the funeral home.
Cremated remains must be released in a durable container. A temporary plastic container is included. Cremation fees and DCA fee is included. A selection of urns is available for you to choose from. 1 disposition permit is included
If you want to arrange a direct cremation, you can use an alternative container. Alternative containers encase the body and can be made of materials like fiberboard or composition materials (with or without an outside covering). The alternative container we offer is fiberboard (cardboard) with no lining or outer covering. A cremation casket is also available. You may provide your own container as long as it meets state and crematory regulations.
Direct Cremation with container provided by purchaser $687.00
Direct Cremation with cardboard box selected from us $687.00
A selection of urns is available for you to choose from Our weight limit for cremation is 375 pounds. We are unable to cremate over this limit. The following additional charges will apply: For any case weighing over 300 pounds, there will be a second person charge for removal. This is to facilitate dignity and respectful handling of the Decedent. The charge is $ 80.00
Additional cremation fees will also apply to any Decedent weighing 300 pounds or more. This fee will be added to our standard Direct Cremation fee $ 1.00 per pound. If you wish to have us expedite cremation, it can be done within 24 hours for $ 400.00. Receipt of the California Disposition permit. This fee will be added to our standard Direct Cremation fee.